|Sep 20 2017||
Equifax Data Breach A Sad Reminder
By: Rob Lynn
The recently announced data breach at Equifax is estimated to have affected 143 million U.S. consumers, Compromised information included names, Social Security numbers, birth dates, addresses, driver's license numbers, among other information such as credit card numbers. This data breach is a sad reminder to employers that should review and where necessary strengthen their safeguards for employees' personal information. Some bullet points to consider:
· Be wary of checking credit as a condition for employment—the credit check might include fraudulent activity.
· Tell employees to keep an eye out for new account fraud, such as getting a credit card or a loan.
· Train employees on how to spot and avoid phishing attempts.
· Record the least amount of confidential information possible.
· Confirm that vendors have adequate information security.
Add your comment (for display after moderator approval)